Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Obstacles


Born into life written off by gender and skin complexion.

As a barrier of statistics state I won't live past 25 or a prison sentence.

Obstructions of the system go all out to hold me back.

Hurdles complicate my path to achieve as I jump over negativity attacks.

Drawbacks try to deter me from my rightful place on the throne.

Nibble away at my dream of a kingdom where I roam free in my soul.

Disadvantages try to conquer my army of inner faith.

As excuses spit on accountability lowering my self-esteem at the gate.

But the strength of me knows better at some point and awaken the drive.

And figure out at some point what it takes to be happy and survive.

I break through barriers dodged those obstructions and with a perfect form jump those hurdles with better strategies.

Use my drawbacks to make me wiser wake up my dreams and deal with my disadvantages.

Rebuilt my self-esteem and took ownership of my mistakes cause if life's a highway I'm the mack truck.

So now my story can be told I might have not lived perfect took a while to get it right had some stumbles but never gave up.
By Kolin E.

No comments:

Post a Comment