Thursday, August 26, 2010

Not The Enemy

The black woman I behold to all who hate.

Forever it is you I will cherish and decorate.

Never will I leave your side or your hearts.

Together as one we are where life starts.

Many put you down call you names of degrading manner.

But you can rest assure I see the ally in you so none of it matter.

I know your not perfect and have your faults.

Some may even make you look bad overall in thought.

How the black man got to the point of treating you so bad is a mystery.

But be assured there are many who knows you’re not the enemy.

The struggles within ourselves leads us to punishing the ones we love.

Which is a backwards effect of not being shown non.

Namby-pamby type brothers these be, raised in self oppression where nice is weak.

Comfort in this from what your used to sometimes demolish.

This normally comes from your uncanny ability to grow from knowledge.

But see we live in a time where society and the media would disagree.

And try to make you seem like gold diggers, sex objects, or attitudes with a degree.

But me I know better from the start for a strong black woman raised me to be smart.

Sisters that give great advise to show a better way, and always got my back on any given day.

Aunties that's always there and grandmothers who put me in check when I showed no care.

And others you are my friends, my lovers, my confidant, my secret potion the ones who always showed me a path to expand my emotion.

I know your struggle and what life may be like in general.

But the most valuable object on earth is you and not some shiny material.

So I say keep striving keep raising keep praising and keep loving eternally.

Cause in my soul I know you’re an ally and not the enemy.

By Kolin E.

No comments:

Post a Comment